1. Open your MetaTrader 4
2. Click File —> Open Data Folder
Here you will find a folder called MQL4:
3. Open MQL4 folder. Now, you’ll see these folders:
- \Experts – Expert Advisors (trading robots),
- \Indicators – custom indicators,
- \Scripts – scripts (MQL4 applications for a single run on the chart),
- \include – source code MQH and MQ4 files implemented into other programs,
- \libraries – libraries in the form of MQ4 source codes and EX4 executable files compiled from them. They are used for the dynamic call of the functions contained there by other MQL4 programs,
- \Images – image files for using in resources,
- \files – special “file sandbox”. MQL4 applications are allowed to execute file operations only within this directory.
4. Insert your files :
- Insert your EA files (ex4 or .mq4) into MQL4/Experts folder.
- Insert your Indicators (ex4 or .mq4) files into MQL4/Indicators folder.
- Insert your Scripts files (ex4 or .mq4) into MQL4/Scripts folder.
- Insert Settings files of EA (.set) into MQL4/Presets folder.
- Insert your Libraries files (dll) files into MQL4/Libraries folder.
NOTE: Template files must be NOT in “MQL4 folder” . Copy your .tpl files into templates folder. You can find templates folder when open your Data Folder)
5. Restart your MetaTrader 4
(General Risk Warning: The financial services provided by this website carry a high level of risk and can result in the loss of all your funds. You should never invest money that you cannot afford to lose.)
VIDEO – How to install Indicators, Experts, Scripts, Templates in MT4:
Latest posts by Thomas Jan (see all)
- Technical Analysis As a Tool for Binary Trading Success - May 1, 2016
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Binary Options Trading - April 30, 2016
- What are Binary Options ? - April 30, 2016